Saturday, January 15, 2011

Challenge Books 2 & 3 and other miscellaneous matters

Since I last updated this blog I have finished 2 books that I had previously never read. One of them was For Whom the Bell Tolls By Ernest Hemingway and the other was The Sorcerers' Plague by David Coe. For Whom the Bell Tolls was quite good. Hemingway painted a very good picture of the Spanish Civil War. His characters are excellent and the way he tells his story is quite interesting. His worldview is never blatantly disturbing but certain elements make you wonder. The other  book was an epic fantasy novel I quite enjoyed. It didn't have a central character per say but it did have a wide and excellent cast that have separate stories that get woven together in the fabric of this story. I definitely want to get the next book in the series.

Today I saw the movie True Grit, the modern remake. I liked it however it was a quite gritty film at points. It also had a few funny parts. I haven't been reading quite enough to get 100 books done so I'll have to make it up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment